Action Synergy S.A. is an education, training and knowledge based applications organisation which is actively involved in the development of educational programs for vulnerable target groups, in the promotion of social integration, in the development of education technologies, training methodologies and the development of e-learning training courses. Since its foundation in 1987, the organisation has participated in a considerable number of EU educational projects, such as: COMETT, PETRA, SOCRATES, LEONARDO DA VINCI, ARTICLE 6, ADAPT, TEMPUS, PHARE, DISTANCE LEARNING.
Currently, Action Synergy is participating in many transnational European projects as partner or as coordinator. Action Synergy’s S.A. key areas of expertise include: Development and Organisation of e-learning courses, Promotion of Social Integration, Development of links and synergies between various actors in local, regional, national, European and International level, Development of learning methodologies, Development of educational technologies, Development of courses and modules making use of innovative methodologies such as: open/flexible learning methodologies, e-learning, learning needs analysis, development of professional courses.
Action Synergy has a long term experience in the implementation of EU projects related to Roma integration. They have participated (as partner or as coordinator) in various projects related to Roma integration in the framework of DG Justice projects and Lifelong Learning projects.
Some of these projects are the following:
- SEDRIN (School Education for Roma Integration) (www.sedrin.eu): Action Synergy coordinated the SEDRIN project which promoted the empowerment of Roma women to support the school performance of their children
- TERNO (Teachers Education for Roma Integration) (www.romaterno.eu): Action Synergy coordinated the TERNO project which established support centres and trained school teachers in order to help the Roma students to pass from elementary to secondary education.
- Roma T&T (Roma Teaching and Training) (www.romateaching.eu): Action Synergy coordinated the Roma T&T project which developed and implemented a methodology for the pre-school education of the Roma children.
- Roma Matrix (www.romamatrix.eu): Action Synergy has participated as a partner in the Roma Matrix project which promoted Roma Integration in various fields focusing particularly in education and employment.
- Roma Source (www.romasource.eu): Action Synergy was a partner in the Roma Source project which implemented a comprehensive set of actions aiming at promotion of Roma integration.
The main role of Action Synergy in the project will be the implementation of the training/pilot activities in Greece (WP5) and all other tasks which are related to pilot implementations (WP3 and WP4) and are an integral part of other WPs in Greece (disemination, exploitation activities, quality assurance etc.). Because of the long term experience of Action Synergy in the implementation of European projects in the field of education and training, they have established effective procedures for operational and financial management that allow the proper monitoring of the implementation of the project.